Monday, December 8, 2008

Winter is here!


Long time again since my last post. I have been busy but who isn't with an active 2 1/2 year old? She is spending alot of time outside or wishing she was there. She made snow angels today. It was so cute! Sounds like tonight and tomorrow we are going to get more of the white stuff. We are full steam ahead in potty training. She is doing really well. I am very proud of her. I forgot all about bringing a change of clothes with us when we headed to Wal-Mart the other day. She did great. She told me on the way home that she needed to go, so I rushed us to the nearest fast food place. Took her inside and she didn't have to go. As soon as we got home she ran to the big potty and went. Not sure if she just didn't want to go or just didn't have to at that moment. She continues to amaze people who hear her talk. They can't believe she is only 2. She gets very chatty with the cashiers when we checkout. :o) We had our family Christmas pictures done last week. Sarah was a happy camper till they took us into the room. Oh my goodness did she become a pain when they started to take pics. They finally got her to laugh and smile so we got a few good ones. Afterwards while we were waiting she became the official greeter. LOL We got our Christmas tree up and it is huge. Poor thing needs more decorations but I can't reach the top. That and the dog chases the cat several times a day so they knock off all the lower ones. I just moved them up..so the bottom and top kinda match. LOL We are staying here for Christmas and heading to see our families on the 26th. I want Sarah to be able to enjoy her presents and not have to rush through opening them at 6am. I am sure it won't be too many years when 6am will be a norm on Christmas morning! If BIL had been out of the picture (long story if you don't know it) we would have gone to my sisters house Christmas Eve and spent the night there. It sounded so nice since she has a fireplace. My dream is to have a house big enough so that our family can stay with us and we all wake up on Christmas morning together. Seems like someone is always gone when we celebrate. Dh's sister is prob going to be spending Christmas with her new b/f. FIL talked about going to Arizona over the holiday's. I think if Dave had his way we would be heading to a warmer destination too! Anywho...I hope you have a wonderful Christmas spent with loved ones!!! I'll go ahead and wish you a Happy New Year too..cause I know it will be forever before I post again! LOL

No comments: